Andaman & Nicobar Islands Page
- Havelock Island is the largest of the islands which comprise Ritchie's Archipelago a chain of islands to the east of Great Andaman in the Andaman Islands.
- The Cellular Jail, also known as Kala Paani(Black Water), was a colonial prison situated in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. The prison was used by the British especially to exile political prisoners to the remote archipelago.
- Limestone caves of Andaman are a treat to watch. The journey on to these cave is equaly mesmerising which covers all the way through Tribal reserves.
- Mangrove forests in Andaman and Nicobar are an important part of the mangroves spread all over India.Mangroves are all but evergreen with chunky leathery leaves that are designed to diminish transpiration.
- This is a natural rock formation in Lakshmanpur beach at Neil Island. This place has been locally referred to as Howrah Bridge.
- Neil Island is an island in the Andaman Islands of India. It is apparently named after James George Smith Neill, a British soldier responsible for several war crimes during the suppression of the 1857 Mutiny.
- Diving in Andamans is a unique lifetime experience. The coastal water surrounding these islands is the abode of one of the richest coral reef ecosystem is the world.
- Visit of 7th Central Pay Commission to Andaman & Nicobar Islands (84kb)(Click here for details)
- Cancellation of Post for Surveyor and Draughtsman Gr-III (196kb)(Click here for details)
- List of Public Holidays and Restricted Holidays for 2015 (431kb)(Click here for details)
- Merit list of candidates applied for engagment as Env. Engg. in A&N Pollution Control Committee (192kb) (Click here for details)
- Online Applications invited from Teaching & Non-Teaching staff for General Transfer 2015 (135kb) (Click here for details)
- Last Date Extended for Submission of Application form for allotment of Stalls in ITF 2015 (334kb)(Click here for details)
- Inviting suggestions/views/comments on Draft Ecotourism Policy Guidelines for A & N Islands (1882kb)(Click here for details)
- List of Eligible & Ineligible candidates for the Post of Foreman & JE(Civil) in PMB (124kb)(Click here for details)
- Draft Master Plan for Havelock & Neil Islands (1kb)(Click here for details)
- Non availability of Accommodation in Circuit Houses/Guest Houses from Oct 2014 to Jan 2015 (218kb) (Click here for details)
LG interacting with artists and officials of Puducherry and other cultural contingents who are in the Islands to participate in the ITF-2015.